Your Adarsh™

Letz mint some ‘ka-ching’

*Latest Updates on the trades. COP, CAT, APA, MS, KOG

Initiated COP on Monday at around $86.5 

Still looking for a better pull back in CAT to get in. OR did we miss that boat. Our order is lurking around 83 and change.

Bought a full position in APA on Monday at $85.2.  Look at this article from one of the street.com writers. Guided to me from one of the stockpickr friends. This is a wonderful piece of work by Jubak

Sold off Morgan Stanley on Monday just below  $73. Will start a fresh position after the sub prime clouds clear.  Please stay away from financials at least for till the mid next week. DOn’t jump in even if you see a little upside from these level before the mid next week. That may be the OE expirations effect.

A major KOG limit order went off today, which I actually thought would never go off. (Was I lucky here….Looks so at least for today) The limit BUY order at $4.37 where the 14-3 day stochastic stalls went off today and the stock took off since then. Look for a good upside in the coming days. KOG position completed. Not buying even if it drops a little more. I guess this is the bottom. Did you get a chance to look at the conference information?I still stand by the initial comment that KOG is a stock that is worth more! Don’t press the panic button, please. 

Rick, Diana, Alan, Kishore, Henry, Vishwa, Lee, Sandeep, Prashanth and Andrew hopefully you checked your email in the weekend and placed limit orders for APA, COP, KOG and MS. All the three would have gone by now. Congratulations. The next plays will be on GOOG, CXW, NYX and CAT.

On the earnings play we are not playing earnings on Google tomorrow, we’ll be looking to get rid of the few we own tomorrow on any upside. Do you recollect when we bought them? Our average is around 500. But we own only 50% of the position we wanted to buy.:(

Your Adarsh.

Advertisements

July 18, 2007 - Posted by | Blogroll, Future Buys, Holding, Long Term, Profited, Short Term

3 Comments »

  1. I was hoping for a pullback on CAT but I decided on pull the trigger on TIE and it’s pullback yesterday. I’m trying to play the 787 Dreamliner. Sadly, BA hasn’t pulled back enough to warrant a purchase. If I didn’t jump into XTO, COP would have been great to get into. I had to bail from GS just like you did with MS. Upset really.. GS is such a good company. Death by association eh?

    Comment by Jorge | July 19, 2007 | Reply

  2. If you want to play the 787 dreamliner, I would say go with SPR on any pull back. BA – I love the company but not the stock really. It’s damn so slow…a 15-20% in a year. I need much more returns. I hae been holding SPR since the first or second day of IPO. It’s been a great performer. The thing is it gives you that time to get in…that pull back you need is always there for you.
    Coming to financials, I love MS and GS …Played MS on DFS..not really a great trade but placing the DFS money on AXP gave good results.So, overall happy with that trade. Hold on till the jitters clear and get financials atleast the best ones on a great sale.
    Good Luck.

    Comment by youradu | July 19, 2007 | Reply

  3. Trust me, SPR’s on the radar. Problem is it’s still undergoing the Cramer Effect. I’ll give it another week or so before I build up slowly. Good luck with the Google crash. Should be interesting once the smoke clears. Quick profit to be made I think…

    Comment by Jorge | July 19, 2007 | Reply


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: